Sunday, March 14, 2010

Stuck in the mud

Today is the triplets 1/2 birthday. THey are exactly 17-1/2 years old. Approaching adulthood with a long ways to go.

The girls went to Youth Group at the church tonight. Tom made sure Elizabeth had some forms with her that had to be signed by the director for the kids to get credit for volunteer hours. If they have at least 10 volunteer hours they can wear a cord with their cap and gowns at graduation. They have MORE than enough. Anyway, Tom talked to Elizabeth twice on the phone to remind her to have the forms signed and bring them home. I talked to her once and reminded her. SHE FORGOT. When she called to tell us they were on their way home, Tom asked her about the forms and she said they would turn around and go back to the church. That's where the title for this post comes from. Jessica was driving. She didn't think to do a 3 point turn...no...she pulled into the church festival grounds, driving a little car, in a wet field. She thought she could pull in and turn around without having to back up!!!! Elizabeth called us after they tried to get out themselves. All that did was bury the front right tire. I took a chain with me, but when I got there I knew the ground was too soft and if I dared drive my van out there then we'd have 2 vehicles stuck.
We had to call a tow truck which couldn't even drive out to the car. He had to use a wench to pull the car out. Cost $70. Jessica is owes me $45, Elizabeth owes me $25. I figured Elizabeth is at fault because she forgot the forms, BUT Jessica made the biggest mistake with the decision she made while driving. I've also grounded Jess from driving. In the past 3 weeks, she has hit 2 cars in parking lots and now this.

Always something with the Dawson family, eh?

No comments: